Welcome to my website !!
Thank you for stoping by.
This is my personal page where you can find informations about me, my research and teaching activities and my publications.
I have been a PhD student at the University of Toulon
in the south of France since the 1st of October 2021. I am part of the Institut de Mathématiques de Toulon (IMATH) - Equipe Modélisation Numérique
and I am supervised by F. Golay
and M. Ersoy
and followed by D. Sous
I am an eginneer from Seatech, the engineering school of Toulon's University and I have a Master 2 in "Science et Génie des Matériaux" of the University Côte d'Azur in France.
My thesis is the following of Jean-Baptiste Clement's thesis
and it is about Modelling and numerical simulation of flow dynamics in sandy beaches.
During my thesis I am trying to numerically simulate the flow in a porous media coupled with an free surface model.
Aside of my PhD, during my free time, I regularly sail near Toulon and I do photography
as a hobby and as a mean to give my mind a bit of art.
26 years old
IMATH - Institut de Mathématiques de Toulon
Avenue de l'université BP 20132,
83957 La Garde Cedex
My field of research for my PhD icludes analysis of non linear Partial Differential Equations, Numerical Analysis and Computer Simulation. More precisely since the begining of my PhD I am developping a one dimensionnal computational code abble to solve non linear parabolic PDEs using discontinuous finite elements method also known as Discontinuous Galerkin methods. This code will be the base to a larger code abble to solve in one dimension non linear parabolic and hyperbolic PDEs. Once this code is done we aim at coupling the work of my predecessor wich solve Richards Equation, with Shallow water equations.
My work can be the used for instance to predict the erosion of the shorline.
- Numerical Analysis
- Computer Simulation
- Non linear PDEs
- Richards Equation
- Shallow water equations
- Discontinuous Galerkin methods
- Teaching 45 hours of exercises lessons about Static Mechanical for 3 groups of 20 students in the first year of University. Writing an assement and assessing them at the end of the class.
- Teaching 20 hours of lesons about writing scientific documents using LaTeX. Course based on the work of Gloria Faccanoni.
- Mathématiques appliqués SeaTech Alternants materiaux 1A
- C. Poussel, M. Ersoy, F. Golay & Y. Mannes. Runge-Kutta Discontinuous Galerkin method applied to Shallow Water Equations. Download PDF
Topical Problems of Fluid Mechanics - 22 February, 2023 - doi.org/10.14311/TPFM.2023.021
- C. Poussel, M. Ersoy, F. Golay. Discontinuous Galerkin methods for elliptic and hyperbolic problems. Download PDF
Journées d'Analyse Appliquée Nice Toulon Marseille 2023 - 24 May, 2023